Sunday, March 23, 2014

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Easter

Spring is officially here! Although at the moment it's raining here in Paris, Thursday marked the "First day of Spring", and I'm filled with spring-jitters! I love the transition-seasons, Spring and Fall. The colors, temperature, light and the atmosphere changes with a promise of something different. And I like a bit of change every now and then, it keeps me fresh and not too stuck in my routines. 
In my family, changing of the seasons and upcoming holidays works as the perfect excuse to spice up the decor according to the time of year. Easter is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate the official start of Spring than getting the apartment spruced up with some bright colors? 

Easter is a very traditional holiday for my family. My mom always makes the most beautiful flower-arrangements, and we celebrate with the whole family. On Easter Day we have a chocolate-egg -hunt, The Easter Bunny (aka my dad) hides baskets out in the garden for all of us (these things have no age-limit, my dad will still be hiding those eggs for us when he's old and barely able to walk anymore). Nothing beats a good old treasure hunt, even Nacho gets his own basket. We'll be flying out to Finland for Easter, can't wait to see what the Easter Bunny has in store for us this year!

I'll be kicking off my Easter DIY -project this weekend. I'll head out to the Marché aux fleurs in the 4th arrondissement close to Notre Dame. It's supposed to be the best flower market in Paris, and on Sundays they even sell birds. 
I've been going through Pinterest for some inspiration, I think we'll stick to the more traditional Easter colors (yellow, green, purple etc) and give the apartment a much needed color-facelift. 


If we were in Finland, I'd just head to the nearest forest to pick up some suitable branches and other material, but since there are no forest or bigger parks close to Paris I have to stick to the flower market. I think I might get an angry guard after me if I'd go "borrow" some material from the Jardin du Luxembourg...

 I'll give you a full reportage about the flower market and our DIY-project later on!

xx, 
Siiriliinu 


5 comments:

  1. Amazing pics, so inspiring! I can't wait easter

    Viky --- MySecretFashionPoison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aivan upeita kuvia! Ja noiden munien koristelu on aivan uskomattoman kaunis :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. super jolie !
    bis

    http://devsnochaos.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great inspirations!!!
    xoxo
    Patinka
    www.patinkasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. É muito lindo seu blog...parabéns, lindas imagens!
    Abraços, Sandra May
    www.letrasquesemovem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete