Sunday, February 16, 2014

Wedding-Sunday - Ahoy There

Happy Sunday my dear readers!

So much for my witty Wedding-Wednesday idea, I got a really nasty flu and I'm still lying in bed trying to recover. But instead of my original idea I offer you something better - Wedding-Sunday! 
As I've started to realize that the wedding is coming up very fast it's about time to start putting everything together. For this purpose I ordered the cutest custom binders from Etsy, it is your go-to place for all wedding related stuff, but be also sure to check out the other departments, I love the decor section. 
Frenchie and I started off our wedding planning with the Save the Date's. We had a fun photo-shoot in Paris and made a collage out of the best pics, which we used for the Save the Date. After some Etsy - browsing we bumped into amazing LarissaKayDesigns and together with Larissa designed a gorgeous Save the Date template. As much as I would love to show you the final result, it is too personal to share with the whole world, but I took a little screen cap to get you some idea.
We are having a nautical themed wedding on a beautiful island in Finland, which you might have guessed by the outlook of the Save the Date (well not the island but the ocean-theme). 

In this post I'll present some nautical - themed Etsy finds and share a few pictures of what I'm envisioning the wedding to be like, just to set the mood right. Later on I'll go more into detail and discuss the biggest trends for 2014, think capes instead of veils and put the spotlight in personalized cakes. Much more about that later on. 
(Pictures taken from Pinterest)
I've been browsing Etsy for bridesmaids dresses and bumped into these cute things while doing so. 
We're not going to have a traditional wedding cake so I hadn't really thought about cake toppers, I think I'd prefer flowers as a cake topper but these ones could also be good alternatives. 



Yes I do know that the deer are in no way related to our nautical-ocean theme, but everybody who knows me, knows that I love and adore reindeer. I think the cake topper is so cute I could almost buy it even if I wouldn't use it. Check out ThePinkOwlDesigns for fun and customized toppers. 
The first topper is also one of my favorites and it says it all - "Best day ever" - what more do you need? Better Off Wed offers a lot of beautiful statement cake toppers, have a look!

I love all kinds of unnecessary but yet so crucial goodies, for example these tank tops:

It's small details like these that makes the day feel even more special and unique, plus how cute will those tops look when you look back on the pictures taken of you while getting ready to walk down the aisle with your bridal party by your side? I found my favorite tops from The Little Bridal Shop.

I saw similar kind of table number holders on Pinterest and found several shops offering them on Etsy. Of course if you are a seasoned sailor it is no challenge to make them yourself, but at a cost of around $9 each, it is not too expensive to order either. Oyknot makes these knots in all kinds of colors and robes, I think my favorite is the sisal. 


While looking for the table number holders I found these cute bracelets, I love the idea of me and my bridesmaids having these on for the big day and they fit the theme perfectly. Check out these beautiful infinity-knots at ChrisOsCreations and room7070.


As the last items I found these cute striped clutches, an inexpensive but fun and pretty idea for your special girls on that special day. Visit Toriska and VincentVdesigns for these models. 

That's it for this time, enjoy the rest of the weekend!
xx, 
Siiriliinu 

7 comments:

  1. Everything is beautiful here ! Kissesss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it makes wedding planning easier writing my ideas down here on the blog!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  2. Nice post!, You want us to follow? Please let me know in the blog. Kisses.
    http://prettytendency.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, I'll pop by your blog! :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  3. I love the pics, it was a wedding so original!!
    I really love your blog.
    xoxo
    Thiscanbeperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment!! Hope you'll visit again soon.

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  4. BELLISSIMO BLOG. COMPLIMENTI. COCCINELLE CREATIVE SHOP.
    http://coccinellecreative.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete