Friday, February 21, 2014

Gluten-Free Yumminess

I've started my research for Paris' gluten free hot-spots, and I've found quite a few cafés and restaurants. The gluten-free trend is spreading a lot thanks to Hollywood and starlets following this diet, which of course benefits us that actually suffer from celiac disease. 
Well equipped grocery stores offer a lot of gluten-free options here in Paris - cakes, cereals, breads etc, my favorites are Naturalia and Bio c'bon
One rainy Saturday we headed to Helmut Newcake and boy oh boy, it is a true gluten-free paradise! It is a patisserie specialized in only gluten-free mouthwatering products.  They also have a brunch, that we'll definitely be checking out soon! 
Having been deprived from all French baked-goodies so far I went a bit crazy and took almost one of everything, but if you go there you can't really blame me haha. 
My favorite is the tarte au citron above, it is so delicious and apparently even better than the classic wheat version. Everything was delicious, but I have to say that a tad bit too sweet for my taste except for the tarte. Anyways, sweet or not, I'll be going back there soon to try out the rest of their goodies!

Make sure you stop by the blog during the weekend, but for now - enjoy your Friday! 

xx, 
Siiriliinu 

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful post :) I'm following and waiting follow me back
    xoxo,
    www.pisimel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll take a look at your blog asap!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  2. I can imagine it's tricky finding gluten-free products outside of Finland, or Scandinavia, since half of Europe is almost clear of celiac disease, but I'm glad that some Hollywood trends are doing a good job and actually bringing healthy things into Europe too! I'm glad you're finding things to eat and hope you find more places that sell gluten-free products! ^^
    Beautiful photos too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh it is a nightmare sometimes! But luckily France is a lot better compared to e.g. Spain and Italy....

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  3. It looks extremly delicious !!!!! (:

    -Stephanie Guerrero
    www.thetropicalsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious!!! :D

    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog,I'm new folower,hope you can follow me back :)

    http://shopaholicbyilda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice look and amazing photos! Have a great weekend,dear!XOXO



    http://anatkoren.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete