Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wedding Shoes - Oh Loubi...

How has your week started off? Paris has been rainy and grey and cold. I never thought I'd complain about +6c temperatures in January, take my native Southern-Finland where the temperatures have dropped to -20c. 
But the rain wasn't going to defeat me when I, accompanied by Frenchie, embarked on my first Parisian wedding shoe hunting-mission. What better place to start looking than the oh-so-glamorous and ultra Parisian Louboutin. As any shoe enthusiast, I was of course thrilled beyond belief that I'd actually finally go shopping at Loubi in Paris.

I went to the store at Saint-Honoré because it is the biggest and located on the fabulous Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré. Yes I do agree, an absolutely horrible name for such a legendary place, but once you get the hang of the French way of pronouncing the "r" the name gets bearable. On this street you will find all the big fashion brands worth mentioning and it has been named the most fashionable street in the world.


Of course I probably didn't pick the best day to go there, it was a Saturday, but since it's not that overly crowded with tourists at the moment in Paris, I figured that it can't be too bad. Plus I don't have time during the week because all the Loubi stores close too early (gosh I miss Finnish stores that close at 9pm)

I want to set one thing straight about the Saint-Honoré store. If you have read those reviews that says they form a line in front of the store so it's not too crowded and you can shop in peace - dream on. A sturdy looking bouncer let us in to an overly crowded boutique and all the sensation of magic and luxury vanished immediately when stepping in. Even the re-opening of Burger King here in Paris made me feel more special, since they only let a handful of people in at the same time to order (I actually stood in line to get in to a fast food restaurant, oh la la).

Not letting this annoying detail affect me I politely followed the saleswoman upstairs. She then asked me what I'm looking for and I told her that I'm looking for my wedding shoes, and I would prefer them in red. Her immediate response was that oh no, no wedding shoes in red. I politely answered back that no worries I want to take a look at all the shoes you have in red plus the wedding collection - her reply "we do not have red shoes, only orange" and pointed out an orange colored shoe next to me. Well she went and got a few pairs from the wedding collection and brought them back to me. I asked once more if they have anything even close to a red shade but no, they still don't have anything.


If that is not a red Loubi then what is it? I found a couple of red shoes while walking and trying out the wedding shoe collection. But when (with not as a polite tone as before) I tell her that you do have red shoes she replies "But miss, that is not red, it is orange"..... I know the customer is not always right, but this time I was pretty sure I had it right. 

Well I continued trying on shoes but the store was way over-crowded, no privacy at all, I was lucky if I could make it to the mirror and an extremely unprofessional customer service left me very disappointed. The saleswoman didn't understand at all what I was looking for nor listened to my wishes. Don't think I'll be going back to Saint-Honoré again.


Monsieur Louboutin - if you're reading this: your customer service sucks, but I still love your shoes and will be back for the nude pumps to the left. Albeit in another more customer friendly store.

Wedding shoe-hunt to be continued!

xx, 
Siiriliinu 

P.S. Sorry for the poor picture quality, I only had my iPhone with me.



12 comments:

  1. Hi! Lovely blog and great post! We invite you to visit my blog :) kisses! ;) www.mvesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTI
    Fllow
    szczera-szczera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your lovely comment at my fashion blog!!
    http://daphniaslife.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it my dear!!! wow!!!

    www.borsadimarypoppins.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shoes, awesome Louboutin !!!!! nice blog.
    I'm following you now.

    Kisses
    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I hope you'll enjoy my blog!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  6. Wow! These shoes are amazing!
    Wish you a great weekend dear!

    FASHIONHYPNOTISED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they, Loubi sure knows what he's doing... Wishing you a great weekend as well!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  7. great shoes

    http://devsnochaos.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shoes!

    I´m following you now. Would you like to visit my blog and follow me back?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although both pairs are awesome, I would like to select that glittering one for my wedding day. It will match perfectly with my wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete