Saturday, October 19, 2013

Barcelona - The Rain

Salut à tous!
I have to start with an apology for being a lazy blogger. I have a ton of beautiful pictures and ideas I want to blog about (needless to say, Lyon is full of inspiring blogging ideas), the time seems to be my only problem. Acknowledging that I´ll start scheduling a daily blogging hour in my agenda, so that all my pictures and ideas don´t go to waste!
Today I´ve spent a lazy Saturday walking around the city doing a lot of window shopping. We did a little "shopping" at Hermès for my Luxury Marketing class, oh if all my university classes would be as much fun...
Anyways, we spent a lovely few days in Barcelona with Frenchie. I had never been there before, so I was really looking forward to it. We had a very early flight, had to wake up at 3am to get to the airport on time. Our plan A was to walk down to the bus stop, take the bus to the train station and from there take the first airport shuttle. Well, it was a good plan, but we ended up doing plan B. There was no bus, since it had already left (clearly written timetables Finnish style is a luxury I dearly miss), so we ended up walking/running about 4-5km with our luggage to catch the first shuffle to the airport. On the road we had a few detours trying to find the shuttle, since of course the train station was closed and we had to run around the building until we found the right place (no, there wasn´t a clearly marked route to the shuttles, we had to cross a shady parking lot and run around office buildings). Mais c´est pas grave, when in France, do as the French. All ended up good, and we made it to the shuttle and the plane. 
A very tired but happy couple landed in rainy Barcelona at 8am. It was my first time flying with EasyJet, and I have to give them credit for being the best low-cost air company I´ve flewn with so far. Anyways, we dropped off our luggage and headed down town for lunch and a walking tour around the city. We did a free walking tour with this company, I can highly recommend it to anyone visiting Barcelona. We visited the old city, gothic quarter and got a good overall look over the city and learned a lot about its history. It´s a tip-based system, so at the end of the tour you can tip your guide, if you felt like you liked the tour. 
It was pouring rain after we finished our lunch. Rain and cold. I mean, there´s palm trees and it was colder than in Finland at that time. I had to buy a hat to not completely freeze. As we walked to the starting point of our tour we were already drenched, and wanting to skip the tour and crawl under a warm blanket. But a "little" rain wasn´t gonna stop us. All in all, the tour was really good and the sun came out at the end. So that´s definitely something worth doing while there. 
A tired-happy tourist.
We ended up our day with some more walking and the best mussels I´ve had so far, at la Lola which is located in the beautiful Las Arenas shopping mall. It´s a must visit place while in Barcelona, thanks to the gorgeous roof top view over the city. 
I´m back to enjoying my lazy Saturday. I´ll be back with more tips of Barcelona tomorrow. 

xx, 
Siiriliinu


18 comments:

  1. You are pretty!!! lovely look

    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    twitter & instagram : @fashionrlounge
    Fashion room lounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love fall fashion, so chilled yet chic!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  2. great impressions
    i've never been to barcelona before :)
    your outfit is perfect for a city trip,chic but comfy :)

    following you now on gfc,maybe you want to do the same? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sammie, and thanks for visiting! Thanks for your lovely comments, just visited your blog :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  3. The perfect outfit for a city stroll, cute, compy and stylish!! well done:)

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my favorites are these kinds of outfits that you just throw on in the morning, without too much though, and then you notice later on it was the perfect outfit for your day haha!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit! You have great blog, follow you, I hope for reciprocity!!! :)
    muuuuuuuuaaaaksss
    http://www.etlittlethings.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so nice to hear!! I just visited your blog, following u back :)
      Hope to hear from u again soon!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  5. What a cute outfit. Enjoy your trip. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Let me know.
    xo
    Lenya
    www.fashiondreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I had a great trip! Of course I would, and thank you so much for visiting :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  6. Really perfect outfit. So great and so pretty!!!
    check my blog if you want too:)
    NEW POST -> http://tr3ndygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) just visited your blog, let me know if u want to follow each other :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  7. Perfect outfit! You look beautiful! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?
    xoxo
    www.fashfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) I really like your blog, so of course I´d like to follow each other!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  8. Pretty look and thanks for your nice comment on my blog ! The Jimmy Choo's I bought last year so I don't know of they are still available

    www.thefashionpandacrew.blogspot.be
    www.thefashionpandacrew.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for visiting back! I love your shoes, but maybe just a good thing they don´t exist any more so I wouldn´t be too tempted to buy them haha!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  9. Hi
    Nice pictures and blog dear
    thank you for stopping by my blog!
    xx
    L.
    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for stopping by as well :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete