Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Barcelona - The McDonald´s OD

Our fall decoration-project is in full swing, and I can´t wait to post the results of what we´ve done! 
Until that, here´s some more tips for Barcelona. 
The second day the rain was gone and the weather was perfect for some serious sightseeing. We started the day off at the beautiful Maremagnum mall, close to Barcelonetta. I must say, they probably have one of the best-located Starbucks, since it has a open view over the harbor, what better way to start your morning? 
As some of you might know, I have celiac disease, and therefore have to follow a strict, gluten-free diet. When traveling this can be quite tricky, since eating in most restaurants become a bit difficult. Especially in countries that are mass-consumers of stuff like bread and pasta. But "luckily" there´s McDonald´s, which in some countries have a safe gluten-free menu. I guess we ended up at McDonald´s around 4-5 times, yup. Well at least I didn´t have to starve, and not being used to eating at McDonald´s, I have to admit the food was pretty good. And cheap. So to all my celiac diseased readers, don´t underestimate McDonald´s, as long as you do a lot of walking afterwards and burn off those calories, haha! 
Besides eating at McDonald´s we did a lot of sightseeing around the city. We did a Gaudi-walking tour with this company, once again a tip-based system. Barcelona is filled with free walking tours, I highly recommend using these. The Gaudi-tour was alright, but since we did it on a Saturday it was quite packed, and I would´ve wanted more specific details about the different buildings and Gaudi. But all in all a very informative and worth-doing tour. 
We had purchased hop-on, hop-off - tickets in advance, which is a easy and cheap way to explore the city. We took the funicular up to the Montjuic Castle, where you have a stunning view over the city. Otherwise there isn´t that much to see, since it isn´t a castle-castle, but more of a fortress. The funicular was 10€ back and forth (if I remember correctly), but there goes a path up to the castle, so it´s possible to also walk up.
We ended our busy day with a breathtaking concert at Palau De La Musica Catalana. It was four Catalan guitarists, they were the most amazing guitar players I´ve ever heard. So if you have the time, do visit the concert hall, it has been named as one of the most beautiful concert halls in the world. 
I ran out of glue-gun glue yesterday (that was a difficult word-combo), so I´ll run to the store to get some more and continue with my decorations. Enjoy your day!

xx, 
Siiriliinu 


26 comments:

  1. lovely post
    and amazing pictures! of course
    we should follow each other!
    i followed you on GFC i hope u'll do
    the same! :)
    xoxo Rose

    Bogibo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, thanks for your visit, following u back now :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  2. following you now, hope you will return the favor..
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So in love with your blog,really! I've just discovered it and I've been kept by your unique and amazing style, you got one more daily reader honey, I think your style fits perfectly with mine and I find you so inspiring, if you want you can have a look to my blog too, and maybe if you like it we can also follow each other, just let me know and congrats again, you're having such a great job :)
    Laura
    Http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura, your kind words means so much to me!!! I'll take a look at your blog as soon as I get back to Lyon tomorrow :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  4. Great photos, Barcelona looks like a very cool place to visit. Glad you had a good trip!

    Sarah
    sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barcelona was great, definitely worth a visit :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous impressions! Love your skirt!

    Maybe we can follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin, if you want? Let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey and thanks for visiting, just left a comment on your blog, I´d love to follow each other sure :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  6. Hello lady, great blog. ;) If you want, we can follow each other. Let me know, follow me and I will follow you back. ;) Have a nice day hun! http://elizabethlore.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) I´ll take a look at your blog asap!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  7. Haha,I couldn't agree more.Even though I try to stay away from McDonald's most of the time,when I want to eat something cheaper my first choice is that place.I need to be good mother and not eat it,hehe.
    Anyways the photos are beautiful I love the last pictures.Definetely an art!
    xx

    Style Of OzOz Facebook Page

    Style Of OzOz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as long as McDonald´s doesn't become a habit, it´s not the worst thing one could do haha. Thank you for your nice comments :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  8. great post!!!wanna follow each other?!I'll be glad if you check out my blog!!!Please let me know!:)keep up the good work!!!
    xxx Marlen

    http://kissmebe4flight.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    Nice pictures dear!!!
    xx
    L.
    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love traveling since you get to take nice pictures, haha!

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for visiting my blog :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  11. Great photos. :)
    Thank you for visiting my page. Following you now, follow back? :)

    http://yourfashiontroubleshootingguide.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I just left a comment on your blog, thanks for stopping by :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  12. Great pictures, you're so pretty.
    UGH, now I'm craving for some burgers from McDonald's.
    Love your blog btw.

    Would you like to show support by following each other? Let me know?
    Ru|Glitter & Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, all food related posts should be banned, I always get cravings haha!
      I´ll stop by your blog :)

      xx,
      Siiriliinu

      Delete
  13. Such pretty photos absolutely love it (: , you're so photogenic! x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog and I'd like to say, that is amazing! You have awesome design, beautiful photos and interesting posts!

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me now in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    Diana Cloudlet

    ReplyDelete