Tuesday, August 6, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons...

July felt like a never ending month for me. I thought about what to tell you, my lovely readers, about why I haven´t been blogging. Instead of coming up with a story, of how I was kidnapped to a remote paradise island with no internet connection, I want to tell you the real reason.
You might remember me doing posts about being at the hospital in June. And when writing my previous post I actually thought the worse was behind me. But as it turned out, I was wrong. After my previous post in July I got a lot worse and the ugly truth is, that I did not have the strength to blog anymore. I was too tired and weak. I´m not going to go deeper into what I´ve been suffering from, but what I can tell you, is that this has been going on for several months, and a few weeks back it got the best of me and I had no choice but to rest.
I´ve been eating more antibiotics in the past months then what should be legal. But it´s nothing too serious, and I have another doctors appointment on Friday, so hopefully I´ll be able to get rid of this once and for all.
I´m slowly recovering and have been back to work this week, although just one day. Slowly but firmly is the strategy here. As long as I´m back to my old self by the 29th, when I´ll begin my adventure in France.
Despite all of this, I was able to enjoy June and what a wonderful month it was! Now I´m hoping to be able to spend as much time as possible with my close friends and family before moving to France. And of course Nacho, I don´t even wan´t to imagine how much I´ll miss him (he´s gonna stay with my mom and dad). It is setbacks like these that really teaches one to appreciate the small things in life.

So after spending many weeks sick in bed, you can only imagine how thrilled I was to kinda get my social life back and get to dress up again and put makeup on! So I think it´s only fair to break my silence with an outfit post.


 
 I found this gorgeous grey maxi skirt a while back, and I absolutely love it! It can be used for a more chilled look with ballerinas or a more fancy with heels and stand out accessorise. Mom found this gorgeous necklace from Zara and got me one as well as a gift, do I have the best mom or what!
 
It feels sooooo good to wear pretty clothes again, I love summer fashion. And I love the split in the skirt, creates the desired wow-effect, what more can you ask from a skirt!
 
Oh I totally forgot to mention,my new Minna Parikka shoes, that I tragically posted about, will be saved! More about that tomorrow.
Hope your enjoying your summer!
 

xx,
Siiriliinu



1 comment:

  1. pretty look! and a lovely blog!
    just started to follow you via gfc and on bloglovin, too.
    Hope you can follow me back :)

    Happy sunday,
    <3, getcarriedaway

    ReplyDelete