Wednesday, June 12, 2013

7 Minutes In Hell


You´ve probably already heard about it, but in case you haven´t, here´s the new HICT seven-minute-workout that has gotten a lot of attention. The American College of Sports Medicine's Health & Fitness Journal published the workout in their May-June issue. It consist of 12 high-intensity exercises where only the own bodyweight is used. You do one exercise for 30 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds and then move on to the next. The exercises  should be done with full speed, on a un-comfort level of 1-10 at least 8 should be reached. Originally it is suggested that it is enough to do the routine ones, but I do it at least twice and try to reach 20 minutes to get the full impact of the workout. It is tough, sweaty but luckily, very fast. 


There is many opinions to weather this is an efficient way to work out or not. I have found it very useful and I can tell you, that when starting this, you will feel the effects the next morning on your body. Walking up stairs in 12 cm heels can be a bit painful after that. But no pain no gain, personally I love this workout and I´m going to mix it up with my regular cardio.  If somebody has complained about not having time to work out, this also solves that. I´m going to start doing the routine once in the morning, and the once later in the evening. Try it out and tell me what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment